Thread: 11-1 thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 11-1 thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Thanks for info badboy. As you know, I don't much follow NCAA football. Your Amigos always amazes me with all the prospects evaluation. It always helps me understand better about prospects that I am not aware of.

DE position, Although Crick is looking pretty good, we ain't sure if Antonio sticks around with the Texans and would like to have good depth if not starter at the position. I want tall and long guy that able to swatted of passes like Watt(I know, not Watt level but capable of doing some of that duty with good motor to pressure QB). I am kind intrigued by SMU's German guy. Hunt?

RT position, Newton looks good but still right side seems weaker than last year which concerns me. I would like to see quality depth if not starter type material. Is there any good RT mid rd prospects that fits our scheme out there?
Thanks for your compliments and one of the reasons Beerlover, Rmartin65 and I do the mocks. Of course, we would probably just exchange info if it was just the three of us lol. We are open to PMs if you want any questions answered.

Antonio Smith 6'4" 280 last contract year is 2013 @ $6 million. He turns 32 next Oct but is not playing like an old man. I would not be stunned to see him extended to lower his cap hit for '13 (similar to deal AJ accepted) and keep him around as the defensive "enforcer" he is. My plan is to bring in a Nose Tackle to start in place of Cody. I also want to see what PS Keith Browner 6'4" 276 24 YOA brings as a DE.

Smith/Crick/Lewis-Moore/Browner should be sufficient playing opposite Watt (Crick relieves Watt); allowing a high draft pick to go elsewhere.

I am not a Margus Hunt fan but to be honest have watched little of him or SMU. What makes Watt so effective is he leaves his feet and knows the passing zones.

Right side of Oline is getting better as Ben Jones has settled in at RG. Remember, Newton only had 17 snaps last year and this is basically his rookie year. Harris could end up being a tremendous addition for Texans. Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) is reducing the number of FAs moving to new teams and Ryan's salary is $700,000. I think 2-3million, playing for a SB contender in a zone blocking system that is easier on his back injuries + same he basically played in @ Denver should encourage him to remain. 6'5" 300 he turns 28 in March. Great skills out of college.

I am looking at OG Alvin Bailey Arkansas in third if our pick is not used in trade up. What is interesting is he switches during the game between LG and RG. He is projected to be a second round pick in '14 if he remains in school. I think he comes out now after debacle Arkansas went thru.

In 4th, I have Rick Wagner a red shirt senior Wisconsin 6'6" 318 RT but played LT in 2011. His lateral movement needs improvement but in the two years I have watched him he keeps improving. I would allow him and Gardner to battle. * Of interest is Wisconsin Offensive Coordinator was fired.

Hope this is helpful.

Steve