View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #59
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jim Rome gives his take . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm the same way about him.

I hate sports-talk radio because the hosts are usually not very good and the callers are imbecils mostly who want to talk about point spreads (I don't gamble) and fantasy football (I don't play it).

At the same time I love sports-talk radio because it's one of the few places I can actually hear about the stuff I'm interested in (albeit in small quantities packed in between imbecils talking about point spreads and their fantasy football teams (and John McClain dropping names of people he thinks are important who he had dinner with).

Jim Rome's schtick is even worse because of all the things you mentioned and because his army of fans all call in trying to be him. It's mind-numbing to listen to someone trying to race through a bunch of ****ty "takes" hoping that their idol doesn't cut them off because "they suck" (how can anyone tell the difference on that show? They all suck). From time to time he does an interview with someone you want to hear talk but even then you have to put up with his smarmy attitude. It's just not worth it.
You know what would absolutely thrill me?

LOL. If we DID win the Super Bowl, and he had JJ Watt on his show afterwards. And what if JJ took the chance to engage in some payback.

Jim: JJ Watt, so good to have you here. How are you?

JJ: I"m great.

Jim: You know, JJ, today I wanted to ask you abou...(JJ interrupts him)

JJ: Hey Jim. You know what I can't get out of my head? It's the funnies thing. In fact, it's my favorite Jim Rome moment of all time. Guess.

Jim: Err, uhh...I give up.

JJ: When you called Jim Everett "CHRIS" and he threw the table at you and jumped on top of you and you were all freaking out, thinking it was the end of your life. Ya know, because you were so aggressive toward him and it backfired on you. You are like "Hellllllp!!!!" ha ha ha ! Best ever.

Jim: Seriously?

JJ: Yeah, Jim. Seriously. Hey Jim, call me Chris.

Jim: Dude. What? Are you...

JJ: CALL ME CHRIS, Jim. Do it. Call me Chris.

Jim: (Awkward silence)

That would be awesome. JJ taking his ass to task. Random psychotic moment.