Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #140
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
No disrespect, but the heisman crop this year is really weak imo.
Definitely, but it's an annual award and they aren't going to skip a year due to lesser talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
So is this the year a freshman wins the Trophy? Seems deserving to me.
Well, no truly defense-only player has ever won it, and Teo could be the first to do that. He also could be the first Mormon to win it.

No Heisman winner has ever passed for 3000 yards and rushed for 1000 in their award winning season. No freshman has ever won it.

Tebow was the first Sophomore to win it, Newton was the first Juco transfer to win it, etc etc. I'm sure we could find specific firsts with any Heisman winner, so I don't think the voters will be too hung up on that. Either way, one of these two players will be the first at something.