View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #55
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jim Rome gives his take . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Yeh I was a little mad at myself for posting mad, but he just rubs me the wrong way. He is just such a know it all, I know that's his job, but maybe it's just the way he says it. His tone and hyperbole maybe. Just the fact that he calls an 11-1 team pretenders is a little over the top. A 4-1, or 4-0 team sure talk crap about them, but 11-1, that's a quality team.
Yeah, I understand. He's just another talking head blabbing opinions, which we all know the old saying about everyone has one and they all stink.

He writes this stuff to get people to talk about him, and judging by this thread, it's working.

Besides, I like that people doubt our team. It keeps them from reading the hype and letting their guard down. I get kinda' scared when everyone is propping the Texans. The last time that happened we got our asses kicked by Green Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think his delivery is intended to excite that emotion.
Yep. His ratings are dependent on it.