View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #52
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jim Rome gives his take . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's sad that there are literally hundreds of thousands of his fellow doosh nozzles out there who have made him filthy rich for being a doosh nozzle.

He's that P.O.S. we all knew in high school that always had a smart mouth and certain people thought it was awesome...so he had a cult following. Except now he got to be a celebrity and people think he's super awesome now.

I always tried to listen to his radio show off and on, and could never EVER get into it. I'd turn it off 10 minutes into it. The dead air, the inside jokes, the horrible pacing of his speech. How he got big is a mystery to me. Doosh nozzles made him big, I guess.

I'm the same way about him.

I hate sports-talk radio because the hosts are usually not very good and the callers are imbecils mostly who want to talk about point spreads (I don't gamble) and fantasy football (I don't play it).

At the same time I love sports-talk radio because it's one of the few places I can actually hear about the stuff I'm interested in (albeit in small quantities packed in between imbecils talking about point spreads and their fantasy football teams (and John McClain dropping names of people he thinks are important who he had dinner with).

Jim Rome's schtick is even worse because of all the things you mentioned and because his army of fans all call in trying to be him. It's mind-numbing to listen to someone trying to race through a bunch of ****ty "takes" hoping that their idol doesn't cut them off because "they suck" (how can anyone tell the difference on that show? They all suck). From time to time he does an interview with someone you want to hear talk but even then you have to put up with his smarmy attitude. It's just not worth it.