View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #110
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU **Update** Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I've started taking PFF less seriously. They don't seem to understand coverage and assignment concepts. They tend to assign responsibility for a catch to whoever was closest at the time the catch was made, regardless of who was supposed to be there.

For example: Cover 3 and the safety in the middle zone jumps a hitch and go letting the slot receiver get behind him down the middle of the field. The RCB comes from 20+ yards away and catches the receiver from behind to prevent a TD. They marked it as a bad play against the corner when it was actually a great play on his part.
Agree. They have too few people to watch too many games at the detail level.

I take their numbers and combine them with several other sites and my own observation to come to a better understanding of each situation.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote