View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #109
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU **Update** Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Just playing the devil's advocate here...

But stats could be misleading here. Do burn rates account for pass interference calls? I could never be burned if I just tackle the wide receiver once he ran past me every time.
Alright, believe it or not, I had watched all the 7 games he played this year and a couple in 2011.
It went pretty quickly, really.

On Game Rewind, you can turn on the playlist in a column next to the video.

Routt played LCB with the Chiefs as opposed to Rcb with the Raiders.

I watched all the plays going to his side and all the pass or run plays longer than 15 yards to either side.

You can get to each play with just a click of the mouse.

In 2010, he was called for 12 penalties.
They showed a graphic display in a 2011 game.
There was no breakdown as to how many was of the 5_yd variety.

In 7 games of this season, he was called for 2 of those; one of them probably deserving (a little too much hand fight just beyond the 5-yd limit.

He was called for one PI that goes for 12 yards.
That one, I must say I disagree.
He was ahead of the receiver, I think he should have the right to encroach to steer the receiver further to the sideline; it's not like he blatantly cut in front of the receiver.

I really like what I saw; he's a starter in this league, there's no doubt.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote