View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I included my expectations (although the variations are subtle). Regardless of people may say, size matters. I don't care how much "heart" you have, if you're 5'9" 170-lbs and a player that's 6'2" 260-lbs collides with you, you're gonna' have a bad time.
It depends on the position you play and also the scheme you play in.

While size matters, so does talent.

You can be as big or as close to prototypical size as you want to be, but if you run into someone that is just flat out better you will also have a bad time.

When I was in college we had wr's and rb's that could outbench and out squat everyone on the team. Little guys...but they were solidly built...really strong...

Size matters less to me that physical ability and skill level.

I'll take a wes welker all day over a Bunch of bigger guys.

But of course if you think the talent is equal or close to it, the bigger player wins out. But you don't take a bigger guy with a lower ceiling and less talent just because he's bigger.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote