View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012   #34
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take Over Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My dad keeps threatening to leave the Cowboys, has for the past two years now. He watches the Texans when it doesn't conflict with his Cowboys games on Sundays....he gets more excited talking to me about MY team than he does about his own team.

I keep trying to tell him he needs to make the switch, but he says he just can't do it. He wants to, but he can't.

I have a friend on Facebook who did the same thing a few weeks ago. He states on Facebook that he is seriously ready to bail on the Rangers and Cowboys, and "Does anybody have suggestions of NFL teams I can be a new fan of. Must be a great, clean cut organization." I immediately replied and told him he has no destiny as a Cowboys fan. His best plan would be to join us Texans fans because this team is ran like the old Cowboys were ran pre-Jerry Jones.

But he can't do it. HIS dad is a 'Boys fan, HE is a 'Boys fan. It's really inherited, IMO. These boys grow up watching their dad live and die by the Cowboys, so they can't walk away form it when THEY (that little kid from years and years ago) are old enough to walk away from it.

They need a 12-step program.
See for me it wasn't my Dad. My Dad is from upstate NY. My Mom from Baltimore. She was a massive Colts fan. My Dad went to UH and met my Mom in Houston but never had a Cowboy connection. I'm the youngest of 5 and we moved to Ft. Worth when I was 1. By mid 70s I just learned football as a tyke and loved the local Cowboys. I may have been the only family member that wanted them to win in the old 70s Cowboy/Steelers games. Though some brothers may had become fans. But I have a connection because they are my team no matter who owns them. I'd never bail. My whole family eventually cheered for them but I felt like I was on an island as a kid. No matter how bad Jerry is , I'll hope for wins....or changes. I'm just not as crazy about it now and it doesn't affect my Sundays at much.

Why would your friend give up on the Rangers? I spent more than 3 decades waiting for them to do something and now they are finally run right and have done well...though crushing defeats.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 12-05-2012 at 06:44 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote