Originally Posted by patfanken
Welcome to NE. The weather will be cold, wet and in the 20's when your team arrives. I hope they can adapt. Here are a few things you should know about the Pats when entering in any discussions with Pats fans.
1. We don't care about hearing about your injuries. It would be great to have all your guys playing without any injuries, but that just doesn't happen.
2. The Texans have had a great run and really should be considered the top team in the AFC. I'm a little surprised the Pats are favored, even if its only the by the home field advantage.
3. The Texans are hitting the Pats at a very good time. The Pats have only 2 healthy WRs (Welker and Lloyd) on the roster (plus a guy they just signed this week (Stallworth). Look for TE Aaron Hernandez to play a lot of snaps split out.
4. The Pats base formation which they run about 60-70% of the time is the 1-2-2.
5. For the first time in a long time the Pats are more balanced.
6. I know the Texans have one of the better pass rushes in the league. It will be a huge challenge for the Pats OL.
I think the Texans would be wise to rush just 4 most of the time. I think their front 4 is good enough to provide enough pressure without biltzing.
7. The key to defeating the Pats passing attack is pressure up the middle. Edge pressure is generally not as effective. If I were setting up the Texan defense this week, I'd be looking to get JJ Watts into the middle as much as possible either through alignment or stunts
8. Gillette Stadium has been a great home field advantage
9. patsfans.com is a popular Pats message board.
10, Good luck to your team on Sunday. Regardless of who wins, I doubt it will be the last time we face each other. May we both leave this game as healthy as we started it. That's the most important thing over the long haul.
The next 2 weeks (Texans and Niners) will tell Pats fans a lot of about the state of their team But at this point the next 4 games for both our 2 teams are merely for playoff seeding and getting prepared for the 2nd season. Merely rehearsals for January.
First, let me say I have no ill will to the Pats, while I know friends who do cause of the way fans acted at the Superbowl in Houston, but I will say you were not the rude fan.
1. Injuries are a part of it. As far as folks saying i want to face them when they are at there best .. BS. Win is a Win, if it gets you a title who cares.
2. We will get respect when we win yea in and year out so most of us could careless what espin says.
3. Injuries are never a good thing for any team and no matter who else is healthy it could spell trouble.
4. Your big TE have cause a lot of trouble for teams because usually the LB is to slow to cover and the DB is to small. It will be a key to the game that is for sure.
5. The run game has improved a great deal I have Riddley on my FFB team.
6. In the Texans version of the 3 -4 only rushing 4 is not how it is done, you max out the rush so the QB has less time to set and throw. You will see OLB dropping into coverage while a safety or Corner blitzes making the blocking difficult.
7. JJ Swatt normally is on the inside since he plays DE in a 3-4. Only time it appears he is on the edge is when the OLB drops off in to coverage and the OT swingout to far, which has happened a lot in our packages.
8. Gillette is a nice stadium and it is very home friendly.
Oh and as far as adapting to weather .. flashback to the Bears game.