View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take Over Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
My dad was a long time Cowboy fan since he grew up in the DFW area. We moved to Houston in the early 90's and watched the Oilers, but mainly because they were the local team and it was pro football.

We followed the Cowboys pretty close during the dark years in Houston. However, when the Texans joined the league I forged a new NFL bond with MY team in MY city.

Since then I have watched the team slowly capture the hearts of the city (IE Titan fans that couldn't let go) and my dad as well.

Point being, my dad followed the cowboys during their true glory years when they were actually called Americas team and he has still found a place in his heart for our brand of football.

My dad is not a fan of Jerry Jones by the way.

Edit: I live in DFW now by the way and every game has been shown here this year except the 2 jags games. GOOD THING I BOUGHT SUNDAY TICKET THIS YEAR!!!
My dad keeps threatening to leave the Cowboys, has for the past two years now. He watches the Texans when it doesn't conflict with his Cowboys games on Sundays....he gets more excited talking to me about MY team than he does about his own team.

I keep trying to tell him he needs to make the switch, but he says he just can't do it. He wants to, but he can't.

I have a friend on Facebook who did the same thing a few weeks ago. He states on Facebook that he is seriously ready to bail on the Rangers and Cowboys, and "Does anybody have suggestions of NFL teams I can be a new fan of. Must be a great, clean cut organization." I immediately replied and told him he has no destiny as a Cowboys fan. His best plan would be to join us Texans fans because this team is ran like the old Cowboys were ran pre-Jerry Jones.

But he can't do it. HIS dad is a 'Boys fan, HE is a 'Boys fan. It's really inherited, IMO. These boys grow up watching their dad live and die by the Cowboys, so they can't walk away form it when THEY (that little kid from years and years ago) are old enough to walk away from it.

They need a 12-step program.