View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU **Update** Signed

I've read all the game analysis at PFF for 2012.
He only had one bad game against the Bucs.

His agent claimed that he only had 3 "bad plays" this year.
One of them was in the Bucs game, and it was really just a good throw and a good catch.

I'm going watch that game soon.

Right now, I had his first game agains the Falcons.
He had a good solid game against a very good tandem of receivers.

Step by step with Julio Jones on a deep go route; incompletion

Tackled a receiver, forcing a fumble; ball out of bound however.
7 yd catch.
Not even his responsibility.

14yd TD to Julio Jones on a picked screen.
Illegal pick; the other receiver came straight off the bat to cut down Routt before the ball arrived.
Ex-HC Billick even said that ref missed that call.
It's not poor coverage to begin with.

Good coverage on Rodd White in the red zone; Matt Ryan had to throw the ball away.

31yd catch by Jones on a post route.
Chiefs in Tampa 2 (zone).
Routt jammed receiver for a long time before passing him off.
RB out of the backfield was entering Routt's underneath zone.

The fact that the safety made the tackle 31 yards from the LOS should indicate that he was terrible in his positioning and technique.
What was he doing dropping 32 yards deep and not even pay attention to react to the pass; it was caught about 20 yards from the LOS.

Zero penalty for the game.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote