View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
It is being reported that North Carolina State junior cornerback David Amerson is making the jump to the NFL a year early, according to a report (school will not confirm report). I would have not problem going with Amerson either. He is skinny as a rail 6-3 195 but great playmaking skilled player with tons of upside, just the kind of pick making Texans even tougher in the future & give them leverage in contract negotiations with possible free agents. Rhodes is a little too good to last until almost the 2nd rd. so accept your suggestion as a really good one
Dec 3rd he tweeted he has not made up his mind but I expect him to enter draft. He has had some questionable plays this season and scouts supposedly not sure of his decision making process. He did not make the jump in this season as expected. Has skills of man but mostly played zone or "off". He is very aggressive and looks bad going for INT rather than the WR sometimes. I like him a lot & a good coach could make him into a probowler.

Amerson (6-3, 194, 4.45 40-yard dash) has everything teams want in a cornerback for today’s NFL. He possesses a rare combination of great height, tremendous all-around athleticism and excellent natural ball skills. He has the strength to slow the release of receivers and the hips to turn and run with them without losing a step. Amerson has the speed to stay with receivers on deep routes, which is something few tall corners can do. In zone alignments, he reads the quarterback well. He can plant, drive and close quickly on passes and is consistently able to break up or intercept passes. Projection: First-round pick

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...height-skills-