View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #29
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I don't care about Texans winning popularity of Texas. That is a far-fetch dream. I care more of taking the city of Houston back.
I show you what I mean:
On the eve of this past Thanksgiving I went to Walgreens to buy something, this cashier while ringing my items said to me, "You excited bout tomorrow game?"
I said," Yeah, like every game so for this season."
He said,"If we beat the Redskins we'll be back in the playoff hunt."
I breathe through my nose calmly behind gritted teeth and said, I can't believe you just ask me that. How you know I'm not a Texans fan?"
"Oh, you are?" he said puzzlingly like he just discover I was not from this planet.
I said to him, "You do realize we're in Houston and yet somehow you made the assumption that I'm a person supporting a team that represent another city just over 300 miles northwest from here?"
The guy took a step back from the cash register, clearly seeing my agitation.
Over my shoulder from a short distance I hear an authoritative voice say,"Sir, is there problem?"
I snatched my bagged items from the shaken cashier hands, scooped my change from the dispenser on my way out and say back to the voice,"No problem here. Not in Houston."

You see, I just want to take back Houston from all those arrogant delusional Cowboys fan. Can we at least start from there?
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote