View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #28
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take Over Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Will never happen.

That team is infinitely ensconced in Texas due to the nostalgia of their glory hole years. The SB titles. The whole thing.

It's passed down from fathers to sons.

It would be a near miracle if the Texans chiseled away the aura of the Cowboys. SB titles is the only way to do that.
My dad was a long time Cowboy fan since he grew up in the DFW area. We moved to Houston in the early 90's and watched the Oilers, but mainly because they were the local team and it was pro football.

We followed the Cowboys pretty close during the dark years in Houston. However, when the Texans joined the league I forged a new NFL bond with MY team in MY city.

Since then I have watched the team slowly capture the hearts of the city (IE Titan fans that couldn't let go) and my dad as well.

Point being, my dad followed the cowboys during their true glory years when they were actually called Americas team and he has still found a place in his heart for our brand of football.

My dad is not a fan of Jerry Jones by the way.

Edit: I live in DFW now by the way and every game has been shown here this year except the 2 jags games. GOOD THING I BOUGHT SUNDAY TICKET THIS YEAR!!!