View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #27
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take Over Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
As someone who's been in the DFW area since last season, I can tell you that it's true. The Houston Texans are slowly winning over Texas. Last season, I could NEVER watch a Texans game here. This year, I'd be unlucky if they were broadcasting another game.

I think they've broadcasted every Texans game here except for a couple this season. Last season, they only broadcasted a couple of games. Never before have I seen so many Texans paraphernalia in the DFW area.
Now that's a sign of progress. Not so long ago (maybe 5 or 6 years), I was lucky to find a Texan hat in a Walmart about 40 miles south of Houston while the shelves and racks were stocked with "cowgirl" gear. If you go in there now it might be 50/50 or maybe a little better for Texans gear. I still wear the old Texans hat, though it's faded and worn, mostly to show I'm not a "fair weather fan."
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote