Thread: Dec. Mock
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dec. Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I disagree, the Texans moved way up the charts by introducing bigtime players into the secondary and they need to do it again very, very soon. The depth there is lacking and there's no such thing as too many guys who can cover.

Yeah pretty much. Journeyman Ryan Harris has all but taken his spot.First off, the Texans use a 2nd back (Casey) all the friggin time. Secondly, I'm drafting an athlete and fitting him in wherever I need a matchup advantage, much like they use Casey. I think this guy can do anything from lining up in the slot to taking handoffs to blocking. I'm not going to let a silly thing like position stop me from taking a talented baller.

I kinda got that feeling too but he's one to keep an eye on for sure.

Couple of size/speed prospects to fill up depth.

Just got a good vibe from his profiles and definitely think QB is something worth taking flyers on.
Whoah big fella slow that ambulance right down. You make a statement like bolded you gonna have to back it with facts. I am ok with Harris but Newton is playing way more & if Harris was better how come he did not start until Newton went out with injury in Lions game? Texan do get about half a yard more when running to right with Harris over Newton but that's like saying Forset can take over for Foster becaus his avg is higher than Arian's.

This is from October 26th Nick Scurfield

Second-year pro Derek Newton has started every game at right tackle, rotating every third or fourth series with fifth-year pro Ryan Harris since Week 3.....Harris has played about 35 percent of the Texans’ offensive snaps since Week 3.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...f-cc9c869b16ca

Another statistic is Texans were fourth in running to right in NFL until fairly recently. Not sure where they are now but sure be close