View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pro Football refo: Texans vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Barwin and Reed aren't even getting the clean up sacks, so that makes Mercilus the best.
Mercilus is the best pass rushing OLB on the team at this point because he has something neither one of them have. Quickness and good speed.

Last year when Reed was getting these same types of sacks I expressed concern over his lack of beating people. Last year when you had a segment of fans wanting Reed over Mario because he had some sacks in pre-season I again expressed concerns over Reed because OL got their hands on him and pretty much controlled him.

Getting clean up sacks usually come against bad QB's that roll out of the pocket and fail to throw the ball away...And QB's that like to scramble...

This next game will be a big test for Merci and all of our OLB's because they will need to consistently beat guys if we are going to have a chance to slow down Brady.

Either that or Watt is going to have to have a monster day.

And I don't like having to rely on Watt game in and game out. He should be the player that puts our defense over the top that makes us dominant. Not the player that has to carry us. Because if he goes down ********Knock on Wood********This pass rush becomes....

Well...I don't want to think about it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote