View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take Over Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Will never happen.

That team is infinitely ensconced in Texas due to the nostalgia of their glory hole years. The SB titles. The whole thing.

It's passed down from fathers to sons.

It would be a near miracle if the Texans chiseled away the aura of the Cowboys. SB titles is the only way to do that.
I think the Texans could chisel away some of the Cowboys stronghold on the state, but you're right, the Cowboys will always be much more popular. They have a long history of success.

I didn't live in Houston during the Oilers years, but how popular were the Oilers in Texas compared to the Cowboys? I lived in El Paso, so it was mostly Cowboy country with a good amount of Raiders fans also.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote