View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog
 
HoustonFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Age: 44
Posts: 12,416
Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take Over Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Will never happen.

That team is infinitely ensconced in Texas due to the nostalgia of their glory hole years. The SB titles. The whole thing.

It's passed down from fathers to sons.

It would be a near miracle if the Texans chiseled away the aura of the Cowboys. SB titles is the only way to do that.
90% of me agrees with this. The other 10%, as I stated in the original post, believes Jerry can screw it up. I have family friends that I grew up with in Ft. Worth that are my age..42..or older and who have followed the Cowboys since the 70s like me. We have been in the midst of 20 straight winning seasons, the 90s teams and even some of the 80s teams that lost in NFC championship games. Some of these people are over Jerry and while the Texans aren't their #1 team, they are now cheering for the Texans to win.

Overall, if you read the whole article..the writer admits that is is nearly impossible but the most important part..winning on the field..has changed and thus gives the possibility legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Looks to me like that writer is poking at Jerry trying to get him to change. Decided to hit him where it hurts, in the pride.


People are not happy with the 'girls up in Dallas these days and are laying the blame squarely on Jerry.
They all poke fun at him. I love Randy Galloway because he rips him weekly. That is our only hope...embarrassment that forces change. This is as angry as I've seen people are Jerry. There was actually an interview the other day with reporters all around where the reporter pretty much just told Jerry straight out that they have 1 playoff win in 15 years so why not fire the GM.
__________________
Desperation is a stinky cologne. -Super Troopers
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote