View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Pro Football refo: Texans vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Regarding Merci....That's exactly how I saw the game and I couldn't figure out everyone's excitement....

Going against a hobbled Tennesee unit I wanted to see more domination from the OLB's....I saw the clean up, chase down sacks after the QB began to scramble...Didn't see Merciless beat his man much....

He did play better than Brooks Reed as far as pass rushing, but that wasn't a high bar to jump...
I don't know if I grade the same way as they do, or you do. I'd like to see him beat his man as well & chase the QB around. I didn't see that.

But I don't "take-away" points because of a hustle sack. A sack is a sack & it hurts just as much as a "he beat his man" sack. It's like batting the ball down or chasing the RB down on a screen.

And while he wasn't beating his man, he was pushing him back making the pocket smaller a lot. I was impressed with his strength.

I liked his energy & even without the two hustle sacks I think he did a better job closing the pocket than Barwin did. No one (other than Watt) gets a sack a game. That's not a requirement.