View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Chances the Texans get the #1 seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I concede that it's never been done before. I'd still wait one more season before drawing conclusions about Luck, though. For all we know, he could pull a Cam Newton. It might just be beginner's luck. But if he does the same stuff next season, yes, no one in their right mind will deny that Luck is a great QB and has the potential to be elite soon enough. It's a matter of time, to be honest, but I think you can understand that though it would make for competitive football in the AFCS, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we were the sole good team in the AFCS. Having to duke it out with Luck for the next 10 years ala Pittsburgh and Baltimore (two good teams fighting for the AFC North) is something I'd rather avoid.
I don't think Luck is "great" I was just saying the weak schedule argument doesn't fly. Pointing out that he has more wins than any other rookie QB in history was not a profession of greatness.

Luck doesn't scare me any more than VY did when he started in the league & just won. It's a team game. We've got a QB better than most, a running game better than most, and a defense better than most. It will be great to dominate the division every year, but I don't really care about that. As long as we are Super Bowl contenders year in & year out, I couldn't care less.

I want to win the Super Bowl as the #1 Seed, the #2 Seed, the #3 seed, the #4 seed, the #5 seed, & the #6 seed.