Thread: Dec. Mock
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dec. Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
JMO:

1. Reid, I don't know much about him but this pick only works if we lose Quin in FA. I just don't see Safety being a 1st round need and I don't think the Texans do either.
I disagree, the Texans moved way up the charts by introducing bigtime players into the secondary and they need to do it again very, very soon. The depth there is lacking and there's no such thing as too many guys who can cover.
Quote:
2. Long, this is a very good pick but have you given up on Newton at RT, if so great pick, if not I can't see a guy this good on the bench as a swing tackle.
Yeah pretty much. Journeyman Ryan Harris has all but taken his spot.
Quote:
3a. Johnson, great size for the position and good pick.
3b. Millard, I think this is a reach and can't see the Texans ever taking a FB this early. We use a FB so seldom in our system.
First off, the Texans use a 2nd back (Casey) all the friggin time. Secondly, I'm drafting an athlete and fitting him in wherever I need a matchup advantage, much like they use Casey. I think this guy can do anything from lining up in the slot to taking handoffs to blocking. I'm not going to let a silly thing like position stop me from taking a talented baller.
Quote:
4. Bailey, if he's still available it's a great pick, but I think he's long gone by the end of the 4th round.
I kinda got that feeling too but he's one to keep an eye on for sure.
Quote:
5a. Washington, I don't know anything about him, I'll just have to trust you here.
5b. Hoffman, not familiar with him either, but I like his size for the position.
6a. Grissom, I've never seen him play but read good things about him in a limited sample, health issues though. Love the size for the position.
Couple of size/speed prospects to fill up depth.
Quote:
6b. Renfree, why another QB, everything I've heard is that Kubiak loves Keenum.
7. Allen, if still available I really like this pick.
Just got a good vibe from his profiles and definitely think QB is something worth taking flyers on.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote