Thread: 11-1 thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 11-1 thoughts

My random thought at 11-1

*I agree with BB, NT in the 1st unless one of the really good WR falls to us and that's highly unlikely. I like Nix but think he's gone before our pick. I also like Kawann Short and Sylvester Williams in the late 1st round, both have great size for the position and athleticism/agility you don't see in a big man often. I like Jesse Williams, and I know he's listed as a 1st round prospect but I think he lacks lateral agility and falls to the mid 2nd round.
*WR is our other big need, I like Martin in the slot and I think he's here for a long time, Jean and Posey haven't shown much of anything and should be fighting for a roster spot next season. AJ and Walter are getting older and WR is a big need, 1st - 3rd round. I really like Quinton Patton in the 2nd or 3rd round, though this seems to be a deep year at WR but lacking the elite talent at the top.
*ILB, James started off the season slow but has been playing well since mid season, Dobbins plays the run well and can lay the big hit, Sharpton has surprised me and played better than I expected, and Ruud played well Sunday but I need to see more from him. I think this is a testament to Wade and his assistants. A younger, cheaper, thumper in the middle would be nice but it's still usually a 2 down position so a mid round pick. I think one of either James, Dobbins, or Sharpton are gone next year along with Ruud.
*CB, I think we lose McCain to FA and his recent foot injury might be a blessing as it give Harris much needed playing time to develop and us time to assess him. Roc looks decent as well and is good depth. If one of the top CB's (Banks) falls to us in the 1st then grab him but that's highly unlikely so go with mid round pick. I like Johnny Adams from Mich. St..
*O-line, I'm gonna stick with Newton at RT for now, he's played well but not great and like any new guy needs time to develop. I think we could use a new swing tackle in the draft unless Kubiak and Co. are impressed with either Harris or Gardner enough to keep them around at the position, but I think one of them is gone next year. I would like at least 1 O-lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round, an OT that can play OT and OG. Dallas Thomas or Ricky Wagner would be nice, maybe Xavier Nixon. A later round OG would be nice as well to add depth.
*OLB, I'd really like to keep Barwin but am slowly beginning to think like others that he may be gone in FA and we then take a mid-late round OLB for depth. This might be thinking outside the box but I'd sure like to see Wade move Reed to WILB, next to Cushing, and keep Barwin at SOLB and Mercilus at WOLB. I think Reed could handle the position change and then we'd draft a mid round OLB instead of ILB.

Also with all the success we've had it's going to be hard to keep all our assistant coaches, I sure hope we can.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote