View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012   #57
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Well Kap isn't a rookie. He's a second year player. Been sitting on the bench getting acclimated to the NFL.

When you consider that, the story kinda sounds like that thing that happened in New England a little while back. While I'm not sure how well Bledsoe was playing before he got hurt, I imagine he played as well as Alex Smith.
I said he's BASICALLY a rookie because he never started. If Kap fails then its a terrible gamble. A season where they had superbowl talent wasted on developing a young qb. He's not exactly picking opponents apart like Brady was. The last 2 games Kaps offense has only put up 17 and 13, and it might be too late to go to back.

I think it was the 2nd game of the season Bledsoe got hurt and they were 0-2 so its not like they were in a playoff race. Iirc Bledsoe almost died from that injury. He was also gone longer than 1 game i believe it like 6 weeks at least. Brady lead them to an 11-5 season including an 8 game win streak after Bledsoe started out 0-2. Bledsoe was also in the tail end of his career. He was a top 90's qb but father time was catching up to him. So that situation is not the same at all.

Last edited by ajohnson80; 12-04-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: add
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote