View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #54
ajohnson80
Veteran
 
ajohnson80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 247
Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
No, the fumble led to a TD so they would have only won by 1 TD.

Of course I'm not saying they would have won with Kaepernick. What I'm saying is, if you believe this is a QB driven league your chances of winning is better when you have a play-maker at QB. Someone that doesn't just take what the defense gives you.

I don't know that Kaepernick is that guy, but I know Alex Smith is not. Tie his hands behind his back & you might get there with a strong running game & a stout defense.

You add a QB to that run game & defense, & you've got the Giants.

Alex Smith, is fools gold. Makes you think you can do it. Gets you close, but in reality you're not close at all. If it weren't that fumble, it would have been a 3 & out, a monster punt return, & a Super Bowl MVP type QB eliminating you anyway.
Well it was a field goal and it was overtime. You can't say for sure they would go 3 & out.

I get what your saying and i agree they need to upgrade Alex Smith, but Harbaugh really botched this situation. I'm not sure they can go back to Alex and expect him to play the same knowing that they are going to replace him asap. So now their superbowl hopes are resting on basically a rookie with no postseason experience when the starting qb who got you to nfc champ almost the superbowl was having his best year ever. It's like hes taking a gamble with money he can't afford to lose.

The playoffs are tough and you don't know how long your window is in this league. Theres always a team or two on the rise dieing to take their spot. I don't think you can waste a postseason hoping that kaepernick is the one.

Who knows Kap could go on a huge tear and take them to the superbowl, but more likely he doesn't and makes some mistakes. I could see 49ers fans being rightfully pissed. So I would say 20% chance Harbaugh looks like a genius. 80% he messed up a superbowl contending team. This was a terrible gamble that he obviously made being a prisoner of the moment. Harbaugh's knock is that he can't control his emotions thus leading to dumb decisions like this.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote