View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #50
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I would have stayed with Alex. But I'm not in the locker room. I don't know if Alex was the leader because he was the QB, like Carr, or if he was the leader.

But watching Kaepernick yesterday, it clicked. That's why he did it, to get that stuff out of the way. To see how he handles it this week, to see if it's going to affect him next week.

You saw Alex Smith last year, what he had to do to get that team to the NFC Championship game. What do you think are the odds that he can do that again?

Other than the Jets & the Cardinals, who is going to be rushing to sign Alex Smith? After just 3 games, I can think of three that would jump on the possibility of acquiring Colin Kaepernick.
I agree Kaepernick is the better talent. Defenses will start scheming for him now, and I don't think his stats or performance warrant a benching of Alex. Maybe Alex can't repeat his playoff run from last year, but he earned the chance. With him at the helm I feel they are legit superbowl contenders. With Kaepernick it is unknown how he will react to pressure or defenses that scheme to stop him. Its just a huge unnecessary gamble

I feel the chances are better with Alex. That team is more built around defense and running. Alex is good for that because he takes whats there and rarely turns it over.

Do you want a wildcard that could win or lose the game for you?

That team should have been in the superbowl last year. Its not Alex's fault they fumbled.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote