View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jim Rome gives his take . . .

'eh, Rome has a point. An obvious point, of course, but still a valid point.

Defenses win championships most of the time. We will be facing teams that have QB leaders who are experienced in the post-season, many who have won championships. Our coverage is our Achilles heel. Manning and Brady could have field days if we cannot get consistent pressure on them.

Another factor: I dig Schaub, but let's face it, he's a playoff virgin right now. We just don't know how he will perform until he actually does it. I've got faith in the man, but it's blind faith simply because we have never seen him play in January.

I'm as hopeful as anyone about the Texans, but I'm also pragmatic and a cynic about Houston football teams in the playoffs. We have NEVER had a great playoff team in this city, so please excuse my nature in that regard.

11-1 has us high as kites. But come January, 12 teams start a new season at 0-0. Regular season is a means to an end, and certainly having home-field throughout is a valid goal. But that, in and of itself, does not win games.

At least we have last season for some experience. Just hope Schaub continues to shine and our defense can hide it's injury warts.

GO TEXANS!

Last edited by Double Barrel; 12-03-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote