View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jim Rome gives his take . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
link
Quote:
If I have to call my shot, I'm calling it on the 7‑4 snake in the grass, New York Giants. Nobody in sports flips the switch like the G-men. Get to January and ride or die with Eli, his freaky wide-outs and the QB killers on the D‑line. If I'm rolling with one team, I'm getting behind Big Blue.
I'm not going to lie. If the Giants do it again this year, I'll be a believer. Last year I called on the Giants to be the NFC representative, because they were the most veteran team, their offense was clicking this time last year, and their defense was getting healthy.

This year, I'm just not seeing it. Their offense is hot & cold to me. Last year's xfactor (Victor Cruz) is just another receiver this year. I feel like their defense is trying to be what they were last year & it just don't work that way. Last year was last year. Like Jj Watt. I think he forgot last year a long time ago & he's trying to be the best he can now. While doing so, he totally blew last year out of the water.

I honestly thought the 49ers were going to the Super Bowl, but with the QB monkey wrench they threw in there it's wide open.

AFC wise. It's Denver. They're playing the best right now & they're getting better.

I'm not counting the Texans out. If we secure the bye week I think we stand a very good chance. I'm not worried about Jjo getting into "game shape" He can come in with no practice if he's healthy & be that guy we need him to be. I'm not worried about Brooks Reed. He's depth, we need him in the rotation, but I want to see Merci & Barwin grow in there current roles. I'm not worried about McCain, he's been taking a beating all year. He's a warrior, I like him, but I'd rather Brandon Harris grows into that role.

Our biggest issue is ILB. Sounds like we're going with Sharpton. He needs to grow in that role (MIKE). I don't know what the plans are for Dobbins & Rudd. I don't know which I prefer. But whoever it is, he needs to grow.

The only thing I'm worried about up front, is staying healthy. Those guys give it up every down, of every game. Leaving nothing on the field & it's just Jj, Antonio, & Crick. And they are all important, very important.

All that said, these guys don't quit, they find a way to keep us in the game, & the best team in the NFL is going to have a rough day when they're playing them boys from Kirby.