Thread: 11-1 thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209558 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 11-1 thoughts

NT could use an upgrade , but I think its far from the only position of need .... OG , RT , CB , ILB and WR are all a higher priority pending Cody is resigned.

Along the OL we have to consider the pending rules changes .... and the fact that this team averages less than 4 ypc despite leading the league in attempts.
Butler probably wont be retained , Harris is on a 1 year deal and Newton has not impressed in run blocking (Been real solid in pass protection).
I was actually impressed with Gardner yesterday when he replaced Brown for a few plays in comparison to what he looked like in preseason. Possible that he looked so bad because of the quality of players along that second unit with him.
Swing tackle and RT could be huge questionmarks going into next season.

CB - McCain and Ball will be a FA's , Harris and Carmichael played "decent" when pressed into action but the depth at the position has to be a priority. Just look at the second half of yesterdays game and see that the #5 & 6 CB's were forced into action for a reminder. To quote Rick Smith - "You can never have enough CB's."

ILB - Cushing , James and Dobbins have been hurt in recent weeks forcing the signing of a street FA in Ruud into the starting lineup along with Sharpton who has had a history of injury himself. James is also on a one year deal.

WR - This bunch is ... I just dont know what to think of them. Maybe its Schaub , maybe its Kubiak , maybe its them .... but there is a lack of a vertical threat to this offense.
I want to believe that one of Martin , Posey or Jean can be that guy .... but they havent shown it yet. They have 4 games + the playoff to get off my sh!t list.

There are other needs too .... but each of those listed above I think is more pressing than NT as long as Cody is resigned and you could make an arguement for each getting first or second round consideration.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote