View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #37
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Thanks SB

65 preaches keeping it simple, clean & not incorporating trades into mock drafts & while I agree with this it's hard not to imagine Texan GM Rick Smith not manipulating draft selection order to maximize more immediate payback, cherry picking latest crop of newbies. Supplemental picks cannot be traded but that doesn't apply to Texan original picks. Rick will keep all his options open, just in case a player higher rated falls in range to move up. Long winded response to your question is yes.

Overall I think we all should be proud of how well this team has come together & exceeded expectations, including both kickers. Something is going on here because both leg strength has increased noticeably. Shane Graham hit the crossbar on a kick-off today unless I'm mistaken & Jones was exceptional pinning ball inside 10 & averaging 48.89 yards (he must be following this thread). All good things for Texans.
Rather than move up, I would rather the Texans move out. Rather than moving up, trade picks this year for a round earlier next year. For example, trade their own 3rd rounder this year, for a 2nd next year or trade a 5th this year for a 4th next year. Be like the Pats and acquire high level picks. Then when you need to make moves/a player too good to pass up is there grab him.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote