View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did we score in the second half?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I found this good post in another thread. I wanted to respond, but didn't want to derail that thread, so I'm responding here.

Good post. A little out of place I think. I just wanted to talk about the defense & what Wade has done. New England is going to be a challenge. Peterson is going to be a challenge. Luck, I admit, may present problems.

But you're right, the offense has to do it's part. Didn't like what I saw in the second half. Not so much the points, but we need to keep the offense on the field. They've got to convert those third downs. I'd have been happy if we were kicking field goals, but in the second half we didn't even get close enough to attempt. And that's got to be fixed. Gary doesn't have any excuses. Missing the RT... ok. Graham got hurt... ok. But they got 6 extra possessions. 10 yards out of field goal range on one of them. We couldn't move the ball.

But it's a team game. Beating the Pats isn't going to be about the defense & winning in the playoffs isn't going to be about the defense.
We only managed 112 yards in the second half on offense in the second half.

The defense had 3 stops to start the second half, giving up a mere 9 yards.

The lone FG we scored was due to a forced fumble that gave the offense the ball at the Titans 36. We gained 4 yards before Graham made that 50-yd FG.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote