View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense 12/2/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
What are your thoughts on the Texans' defense from Sunday's game. We saw issues against the Jags and again against the Lions. My thoughts were that we didn't have a lot of time to adjust to the personnel that ended up playing those games. We lost key pieces as those games went on & had to make adjustments & get a win at the same time.

It looked ugly, but considering I don't think it was too bad. My contention was to give Wade some time and some consistency in personnel & he'd whip up a batch of lemonade.

I expected him to have his lineup determined before the game then go with the best he had available. I think he one-upped me & actually got everyone involved, probably thinking we're going to need them at some time.

We saw Rudd, Sharpton, & Dobbins (man that guy can lay a hit) all in the ILB rotation. I didn't see Braman get in on the OLB rotation. Too busy watching Whitney & how well he played.

Brandon Harris, I like his energy. You can tell he's excited, wants to play, & wants to make a difference. Roc probably got more time than we thought he would, but overall I'm impressed with him.

Manning may have been an unsung hero Sunday. They didn't call his name much, but he was every where.

I can't wait till we get our starters back. I'm not saying any different. But I feel better now (as opposed to after the Jags & Lions game) about wrapping up the season with the guys Wade has.

What do you think?
I wanted to see some backups get significant playing time and was pleased with Harris intensity as he should be real good next season. On O, I saw with one TD play what I wanted from Jean. This game was satisfying especially with Harris subbing for Newton. I almost fainted when D Brown went out.