View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

It's the Russell Wilson syndrome.

Plays like a world beater when he's under everyone's radar, then when the games get real AND teams start preparing for you...the shine comes off the star.

I knew he'd struggle once the job was his. Once it sets in, I think those types of wildcard QBs don't handle it well. There's a rush of adrenaline because the guy can sense he's about to win the job...then he wins the job, and the moment is gone. Where do you go from there? You have more to lose than to gain, at that point, because now YOU are under the microscope. I think the pressure gets to them.

In fairness to Russell Wilson, though, he's done a fairly decent job this year.

Harbaugh messed up that team's chemistry, IMO. He thought he could make a radical move like this, and I think he's lost the locker room a little. This is where Kubiak is the better coach of the two: Kubiak is so loyal, that guys know they can have a bad performance...shake it off...and they get a chance to make good on their coach's faith in them. Harbaugh pulled a bit of a punk move. So his true colors are coming out: You're only as good as I say you are, and nobody is safe. Not even the guy who got us to the NFCS game last year.

Should have went with A.S. the rest of the way, IMO.