View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
The problem is: they were in a serious win now position with a guy that has been in that situation before and you know what he will give you.

Kaepernick seems to be the better QB - but he is also a wildcard. On one night he will be fantastic, on the next he will struggle. He is basically a rookie out there.

I guess the move was inevitable - but it came at a pretty bad time. Finish the season with Smith, then let them battle it out next preseason and do the switch there - not in the middle of the season you want to win a superbowl in while your veteran QB is having his best year yet.
I agree. That's exactly the way I would go about it. But like I said, we are where we are now & Harbaugh made the decision he thought was best.

What happened with Alex Smith last year, going to NO & beating Brees in shootout, then taking the game to the Giants. If you had to bet money, would you put it on Alex to do it again in 2012?

I wouldn't. If your QB has to win a game in the play-offs, what are the odds that Alex Smith can do it again? I personally think it is more likely that Kaepernick can. Based on what I saw & the decision that Harbaugh made.

I don't think there is a right decision here, or a wrong decision. I would take the safe road & go with Smith. Harbaugh is putting his money where his mouth is. We'll see how it plays out.