View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
so close..nice win for the Rams. Will people want Alex back now?
Does it matter?

That was exactly the reason Harbaugh played Kaepernick. He needs to get that stuff out of his system before the season starts. Everybody screws up. Whether it was Alex Smith or Kaepernick, somewhere along the way they're going to screw up.

Kaepernick answered the question & was able to shrug it off. They didn't win the game. Most likely because of his two blunders. But, when they lose a game now, they can come back & play again next week.

Don't work that way for the play-offs & Harbaugh knows that.

Right now, we're talking about the play-offs. We don't want to play Manning one week & Brady the next. Alex Smith does not get that kind of respect. Kaepernick won't either, but I guarantee there will be a couple of teams saying, "Damn, I wish he'd play Alex." He's easier to plan for.

I didn't/don't agree with Harbaugh's decision, that's not the way I would have done it. But I think I understand why he's doing it. Alex got hurt, Kaep came in, played well. The genie is out of the bottle, can't put it back in.