Originally Posted by steelbtexan
1. Rhodes really like the player, Ansah would be my 1st choice, neither will probably be there at 32.
2. Fluker is a good pick, but there's a major need at WR and one of Patterson/Dobson/Williams will probably be there and a better Value. IMHO
3. Long, great pick and if I had to trade Tate and a 3rd to move up to get him I would. Rare athletic ability for a man his size. Probably could play RT.
3. Alonso, playmaker, he can play any of the LB spots and provides much better depth. Great pick, not sure if he's a BoB kinda guy though.
4. Vernon, know nothing about him, this is where I would try to add depth at CB/RB. There should be a good one available.
5. Ware, like this pick, Latavius Murray, Zac Stacy and Ciere Wood should be candidates as well.
5. White, have seen a little bit of him, looks like a good pick to me.
6. Kasa, he's a guy that blocks with a defensive attitude. I would take him in the 5th. This guy has unlimited potential. Did you get a chance to check out Will Pericak when you were checking out Kasa? Pericak looks like he could be a late rd steal too.
6. Allen, I like the job Jones is doing, Cant see the Texans spending draft pick on a P/K with Bullock on the IR.
7. Mauti, Great pick, I would probably take him in the 6th even if he had to sit out a yr. This guy is a true leader and a lesser version of Sean Lee.
I would be very happy if your mock was the Texans draft. You addressed OL depth in a big way as well as LB. Your late rd guys are high upside guys. All of the needs are met in your mock. Do you get the feeling that the Texans may be using the 3rd/5th and 6th rd picks to move up? There aren't going to be that many roster spots available.
65 preaches keeping it simple, clean & not incorporating trades into mock drafts & while I agree with this it's hard not to imagine Texan GM Rick Smith not manipulating draft selection order to maximize more immediate payback, cherry picking latest crop of newbies. Supplemental picks cannot be traded but that doesn't apply to Texan original picks. Rick will keep all his options open, just in case a player higher rated falls in range to move up. Long winded response to your question is yes.
Overall I think we all should be proud of how well this team has come together & exceeded expectations, including both kickers. Something is going on here because both leg strength has increased noticeably. Shane Graham hit the crossbar on a kick-off today unless I'm mistaken & Jones was exceptional pinning ball inside 10 & averaging 48.89 yards (he must be following this thread). All good things for Texans.