Thread: Playoffs!!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Playoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The game against New England will be huge. The Pats have a much easier schedule to finish the season then we do. If we both finish 13-3 and the Pats beat us Monday night, they will have home field.
Usually, the mantra is "Just win baby" we're in the driver's seat, control our own fate. However, with Baltimore's loss today we've opened up a 2 game lead in the AFC.

Meaning we can lose next week & still control our own fate by winning out & ending the season 14-2..... it is not possible for any other AFC team to finish 14-2 much less better.

We then play Indy & Minnesota at home. 12th man should help see us to 13-2 in the event we do lose Monday night.

If New England goes on to beat San Francisco (going through QB growing pains now) they'll probably go into Miami at 12-3. I doubt Miami will lay down for them, they are already looking to next year just like the Colts are.

If New England & the Texans are the only two AFC teams to finish 13-3, they get HFA & we'll be the #2 seed. The Broncos will probably beat the Colts & then play us @ Reliant. The Bengals/Steelers will beat Baltimore & go play New England. The Steelers with Ben is probably the only team of that bunch that can beat New England in the play-offs. They'll come to Reliant, if we beat the Broncos.
Now if we beat New England, then Indy, then Minnesota, We're 14-1 with a meaningless game in Indy. Win or lose, we're the #1 seed & have HFA. Even if we lose to New England, then win out, we're the #1 seed.

Now if the Broncos win, they'll go play New England in Foxboro. Cincy/Steelers will come play us. I think we're flat out better than any team out of the North. New England & Denver I think are as good as we are. I'd much rather they play each other & we only play the winner, Instead of having to beat them both to get to the Super Bowl.