View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Mock 11/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
5) Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan STATE---5'11" 178 lbs

Just a good overall player IMO. Hard nosed. Good in man and zone coverage. Not overly flashy, but gets the job done. Has come up with a few picks as a college ball player, but the thing I like most is how he attacks QB's on blitzes and RB's on runs. The guy is a baller. I don't see McCain back here next year and this guy would bolster the CB position.
Replacing a 6th rd. nearly fully developed league ready CB with late 5th College DB that will have to repeat learning cycle, I just don't think that is good trade off. Like your player, great value here (if he slips this far) & Texans must add depth @ position regardless. Keeper

Quote:
6) Corey Fuller, WR, VA Tech---6'2" 196 lbs

Low 4.4 guy, good size. Transfer guy that walked onto the football team. Ran track before playing football but this is his second year and he has been productive. I really like this guy as a late round prospect.
Good depth player to throw into the mix for another position of need, just don't know if would even make this roster? Even if only practice squad material first year he would have time to develop & possibly make roster in 2 or 3. Since he is your only WR prospect then it's a no brainer. Keeper

Quote:
7) Manase Foketi, OT, West Texas A&M---6'5" 320 lbs

Started off at Kansas State. Went through an ugly divorce with the school and Eventually wound up in Texas. Played left tackle. Has good feet and good strength. Big time project but the ability is there. Needs help with technique.
This years Mondek? Honestly we see team needs completely opposite. Another solid but late offensive linemen who probably doesn't stand a chance in hell of helping this team next year with best case rotational depth player for future. Bring him into camp & see if he can become Texan back-up RT. Another good developmental prospect. Keeper

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 12-02-2012 at 04:49 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote