View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Mock 11/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
1) Dion Jordan, OLB, OREGON---6'6" 243 lbs

I love him. I'd trade up to get him if needed. Really good athlete. Has shown good coverage out in the slot, good pass rusher from inside and outside. Good in run support. Very long and uses his hands well. Probably a little stronger than he looks. Increases the athleticism of this defense.
I would not trade up for Jordan. 5 sacks does not wow me nor does the time missed in critical game situations because of nagging injury's. Impressive specimen with lot of upside potential but where have we heard that before? If you must add another OLB/DE to replace Barwin (who you feel is gone end of season via free agency) then probably go Ezekiel Ansah, BYU route. I have watched a lot of Dion Jordan play, he flashes like Mario Williams then disappears for long stretches. Last year he did have 7 sacks while year before only 2. He does drop into coverage a lot but has little to show for it. His strongest suite is probably ability to make open field tackles. You have him graded about right, but some think he goes earlier which he might if one falls in love with his measureables. pass

Quote:
2) Robert Lester, SS, BAMA---6'2" 210 lbs

Decent coverage skill, good in run support. Increases the athleticism of this defense. a bit bigger than our current safeties so he may do better against some of the TE's we have trouble with. Player that looks really good to me with room to grow. Would be a great addition to this defense.
Why am I not impressed with bama's secondary? Kareem may have been the best corner they've produced? The safeties are always in the box type, strong in run support, used in blitz packages but overall not great in pass coverage. Good job with graded him, he probably winds up a late 2nd to mid 3rd. I like Demps ability enough to pass on him & think Manning still has at least two or three more quality years. pass

Quote:
3) Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee---6'6" 377lbs

Doesn't move like a 377 pound human being. Shows surprising burst off the ball. Will likely have to lose some weight to be effective in the NFL for more than 1 or 2 plays at a time. But the guy looks really good from what I've watched. A specimen for sure.
JUCO transfer, only one year experience @ Tennessee haven't heard anything that he comes out early or even asked for his draftable grade from advisory committee. Really raw prospect here if he did basing your pick mostly on potential, still has to show me which he should senior year. Has only one sack in his one year with Vols. pass

Quote:
3) Sean Porter, OLB/ILB, TAMU---6'2" 230 lbs

Played OLB for A&M in their 34 a year ago. Haven't seen him much this year. But I think he has the skillset to play WILB in Wades Defense and can line up outside sometimes to rush if needed. 6'2 230 pounds with room to add a little weight. Good speed, good agility, good in space and shows a burst when getting to the football.
Based on firs pick this makes no sense with other needs on this team. Texans already have Eddie Pleasent on the practice squad, very similar player that can't even get a call up to active roster, seems like wasted pick. Maybe Damontre Moore stole his thunder because his sack totals dropped to a mere 2.5. Think if you wanted him he will be available later, undersized to play in the league. pass
Quote:
4) KenJon Barner, RB/KR---5'11" 190 lbs

Good Runner. Good Kick returner. Bolsters the RB position for the future and gives another KR/PR option. Very fast, good vision. Catches well.
If you love watching Foster run then your going to love watching Barner, both fluid like water finding gap, combination of great vision & instincts. Barner is a flyweight in comparision but his speed can be blindingly fast, plays at a high level, runs between tackles like Chris Johnson when he came out of East Carolina. Playmaker, weapon out of the backfield. Keeper

Quote:
5) Margus Hunt, DE, SMU---6'8" 275 lbs

Will probably rise after the combine...But I'd still look to grab him and let him learn behind the guys we have.
Like his length, reminds me of Brandon Bair, 6-7 272 who went undrafted then bounced around the league trying to make a roster spot, even Texans brought him in this year to workout but did not sign him. Both lack athletic ability both are hard workers, 6 sacks reflects a good motor but low tackle numbers. Given the number of picks already on DL. pass

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 12-02-2012 at 09:50 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote