View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012   #36
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Mock 11/30/12

1) I have a hard time with Jordan. I know you and badboy really like him, and if Barwin leaves, then OLB does become a need. Cant roll with and unproven Mercilus and a Reed that has not played as well as he did his rookie season. However, I just dont have a good read on Jordan. He is a phenomenal athlete, but I still worry about his ability to turn the corner when rushing the passer. With taller players one has to be concerned. Also, like others, I think he needs to add muscle. I dont think he will succeed in the pros at his current weight. I would not be upset about the pick, but I would not be overjoyed either. Definitely a wait-and-see.

2) I am not wild about Lester. I dont think he covers well enough to take Quin's spot, as he seems to be more of an in the box safety in the NFL. I like the idea of grabbing a bigger SS, but the guy must be able to cover well.

3) Love this pick. Dude is a bit of a project, but he moves like a man almost 100 pounds lighter. His height does not worry me, since he does a decent job playing low. With better conditioning a technique, that will only increase. Great pick.

3) Dont know a lot about the player, but I am not wild about drafting two OLBs in the first 3 rounds. Unless you are projecting him to be an ILB? If that is the case, I am good. We need to upgrade the position.

4) Barner- I like it. Threat to score any time he gets the ball. Makes the offense that much more dangerous.

5) Hunt is a freak, and was looking like a first round pick before this year. I am sold.

5) Again, I like the position. Adams can ball, though I do prefer Broomfield from Miss State. Just a matter of preference, as I would not complain at all if Adams is the pick.

6) This is a better spot for Fuller, not the 3rd/4th round people were projecting him. He has physical gifts, but needs to put them all together. Nice pick.

7) Good pick. I would like to see the position addressed earlier, but this kid has potential.

Nice draft, I would be happy if this was the end result come April.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote