View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Pretty much a defensive draft. Not very realistic.

You have OLB that are 235 which are more 43 backers or mainly Tampa 2 backers. A huge NT which is uncertain in our scheme.

And are top 4 picks are all defense. when are offense needs depth and help more.

I like most of the players selected but I don't see them as texans.
Last year was about as offensive heavy of a draft that we've had under kubiak.

I wouldnt get used to that.

We don't have a lot of turnover on offense usually. Last year losing briesel and Winston was pretty rare. Then we cut jacoby.

On defense more guys tend to play as well.

Our offense is going to remain largely in tact next year IMO. We have barwin, Cody, Quinn, McCain, James, dobbins (all key contributors) coming up on contracts.

You have reed, Cushing, Tim Jamison and jjo all dealing with some kind of injury.

I think we should be looking at a defensive heavy draft.

Only real thing you can say the offense really needs is maybe a tackle and a top flight wr. But I personally don't see either one if those as bigger issues than what we have in defense.

And I said that the small lb you are talking about could play inside. He's about the same weight as sharpton.

But besides that, watch players play. People said the sane thing about Von miller coming out. People said Bruce Irvin couldn't be effective and would get swallowed. One if those guys is a stud and the other is has had a good rookie season. Dwight freeney and Mathis were too small too.

Good coaches can take talented players and put them in position to be effective.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote