View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012   #81
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub calls out Suh, wouldn't want him on Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I don't know man... I'd probably fraternize with Lucifer if it meant a SB.
As a former Cowboy fan of the early to mid 1990s, let me assure you that the winning becomes small compensation in a hurry... Rooting for Switzer and Jones, particularly, sucked all the joy out of their 3rd Superbowl victory and sent me running for other pastures- even if it meant losing. By the way, I have enjoyed my years as a Texans' fan more than I ever did rooting for the Cowboys. In my opinion, this is the best part of the ride: the process of going from an upstart to a championship-caliber team. I know that I'm in the minority, but I am in no hurry to win the Superbowl... nothing is as sweet as the first one, and I wouldn't mind a year or two of close calls before we get there. It makes it that much sweeter.

By the way, I've been an Atlanta Braves' fan since 1981, so I have a unique perspective regarding disappointment in the playoffs and close calls.