View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Frankly, I think we used too many screens in the first two years.

Also, I don't have a problem with conservative play calling. I think that is more a reflection of Capers than Palmer. Capers has been running conservative offenses everywhere he has been in charge of a team. Palmer ran a wide open set with the Jaguars, so he has more history of running a "wide open" offense between the two. Also, we had one of the worst defenses in the NFL last year. You don't run "wide open" sets with a horrible D. That tends to get you blown out more often.

We lost 4 games last year by small margins because our offense could not convert simple, short first downs. It was excecution more than playcalling.

Palmer is not in any hot water. His bags are fine how they are.

-- my opinion. Carry on.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote