View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012   #72
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I will be revisiting this next season. The whole thing is projection and pot luck. I went 1-5 to start the season and have since gone 5-1. I really didnt change my approach. Same players...same management and the health of my players hasnt changed much.
I agree to an extent. It isn't just pot luck. I've won my league two years in a row and am in the playoffs again this year beating my opponent right now. I don't think I'm necessarily going to win, but I have made some pretty dang good draft picks and trades that have gotten me those championships. I traded for Cam last season, drafted Arian in the 5th round two years ago, traded for MJD last year, drafted CJ Spiller and Doug Martin (who I traded away but then traded back for him), etc. Yes, there is definitely some luck involved for example my friend finished third in points for. His ranking: dead last. It seemed every week his opponent had a dominant week. That is ****ty luck. But drafting well and making savvy trades is far from luck.

Anyway, good luck to everyone!
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote