View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012   #469
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It's a lot more comfy on the bandwagon now with all of you apparently jumping off.

Because all of you draft experts already know Phillips, Mendenhall, Cason, and whoever else you wanted already know that Duane Brown isn't going to be as good as them. You are all ready to put Rick Smith, Alex Gibbs, and Kubiak's head on a pike because you hate this pick. You guys are lame.

Welcome to the Texans Duane Brown!
Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I had Brown as a early to mid 2nd. Is it a reach? A little bit. I like him as a player and was hoping to target him in the second.

That said, I see a trend going on and that is that the CBs are falling. The RB class also looks pretty solid. Now with 2 thirds I could see us taking a 2nd round graded CB, RB or both.

I think a lot of people are looking at this move as disappointing, but I think that he will change your minds.
WOW. You really knew what you were talking about. You were right, he did change a lot of people's minds. He became the franchise LT we were hoping. I like how you off handely just project the next two Texans picks! You said they would go with a CB and RB and were right. You even nailed the order Moulden and then Slaton. While Moulden ended up being a bust, I think Slaton could have been great if used properly. VERY impressive sir! Its too bad you didn't stick around. I would have loved to hear your thoughts on the upcoming draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
this pick will haunt us. mark my words....we messed up bad. We traded back ignorantly, and for what??? really? im curious...espn hasn't covered the trade. What did we get for passing on mendenhall
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
if he turns into a franchise LT, i'll eat my texans hat live on webcam.
Of course the most amusing posts came from this guy...the same guy who ripped off his so called friends. Yeah...not surprising in the least bit.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote