View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post

Smith and Schaub are an apples to better apples comparison. Kapernick and Yates (or Keenum, or any QB the Texans are likely to obtain in the near future) are apples to moon rocks.
No, no, no.no... I'm not trying to make an apples to apples comparison between Kaepernick & Yates, or Keenum. Not even between Matt & Alex. Just acknowledging parallels between the two situations.

Alex Smith is not an elite QB, but he can get that team to & win a Super Bowl. Matt can do the same here. This is largely due to the fact that both teams have strong defenses & strong running games. Not to say that Schaub is just a game manager, but Alex Smith was a bit more than just a game manager last year when he lead his team to a play-off win on the road @ the Super Dome.

Still, Harbaugh wanted more, wanted an upgrade at that position.

Kubiak obviously does not.

Now, I'm not saying this is a good decision by either Harbaugh or Kubiak. Only different. I think there are some here who believe the "upgrade the QB" crowd are delirious, that the line of thinking simply doesn't make sense. I'm just saying it made sense to Harbaugh.

I've already acknowledged the difference between Schaub & Smith. Yeah, Kubiak went after Schaub to be our starter. Alex just happened to be there. Matt's stats probably blows Alex's out of the water. But, Smith has done something Schaub hasn't & that's win two play-off games & play for a conference Championship (& played quite well).

Still Harbaugh is "ready" to move on.

I think it's a big mistake. I know Kaepernick was brought in to be the future, but Smith has that important play-off experience. I would think that would trump Kaepernick's "future-of-the-franchise" status.

I would continue to play Smith & throw Kaepernick in the way he had been. Alex got them too close to the Super Bowl, they're playing too well this year, to be changing out QBs now.