View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys game thoughts

I thought Babin was excellent. Watch how he pursues on the backside. That is what people refer to as a "high motor". He did very well and I saw much to be excited about. I don't understand the chronic Babin bashing. He was very impressive and I don't just back guys to back them. I always look up my old posts and I have a pretty good track record. He didn't "prove" anything last night but he sure flashed the skill that it takes to play at a high level in this league.

Robinson is everything the coaches and scouts said he was. He is quick and sudden. He is going to be a good one. He brings a physical presence to the corner despite his size.

Duff is going to make this team. JJ is in trouble. He looks like a football player and he has a nice heavy running style for a returner. He isn't going to be arm tackled easily.

Sears played more physical last night. He looks like a different guy. Giving him less snaps and him being in better shape will give us the lineman we wanted behind Deloach. I was impressed with him.

Can't say enough about Carr. He looked fantastic. Gaffney is going to prove that he cannot catch a ball unless you throw it to him and shut his critics up around here I think.

Hollings looked and ran just like Tiki Barber. That is exactly how Tiki gets his yards. Explosive burst and is dangerous on screens and in the open field. Unfortunately he also has Barbers hands it looks like. He blew up Starling on that one sweep and showed how strong he is. Perhaps Starling will learn to get out of the way of an NFL back. They aren't fun to get run over by.

Anderson did not show me much running the football. So much for training camp gloss. Live contact at full speed separates the talent in this league.

Overall I was very impressed with our physical play and the way we looked like the more coordinated, better conditioned team. Just one game, but it sure made me happy.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote