View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012   #179
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Besides Watt, D-line simply just not getting done this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Those are their longest pass plays and scores.

Do you think the other inconsequential passes took longer?
I think if we'd have got more sacks, hurries, & hits on those inconsequential passes, he'd have been in a totally different frame of mind & maybe he would have rushed it a little, not been as accurate & maybe the big plays wouldn't have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Comp. % 1st
Yards per attempt 6th
QB rating 7th
Sacks 5th - T

I haven't been as critical as the "everyone" that all see our pass rush sucks. I think the OLB's are setting the edges of the pocket well and getting some hurries and hits but aren't getting the sacks. Smith has been disruptive. But what, are gnomes causing opposing QB's to have a miserable 53.7 comp. % on the season?

Oh and yeah examining sack numbers alone is faulty in looking at just one or two games and including hurries and hits is important but over the course of the season you don't find many high sack teams who don't also have significant hurries and hits.
I think the problem only appeared in the last 3 games. Before that, even though we weren't getting the sacks, I think we were getting the pressure. The hits, hurries, & what not. I don't know that it showed up in the actual stats, but there was no denying we were bothering QBs.

I heard a stat, either during the Jags game or the Lions game, that we lead the league by a wide margin in getting the other team off the field on third downs. That number, whatever it was, changed over the last two weeks.

We also were at the top of the list in yards allowed. Another stat that took a tumble over that 2 week (actually 2 games in 5 day) period.

If not for the Jags game I would have "wrote it off" as a result of a better QB.

But it's been three games... Bears, Jags, & Lions that our pass rush has been absent. Bears, we wrote it off due to field conditions. Jags, they got caught napping. Lions, a good QB. Are we being honest with ourselves?