Thread: Andy Reid
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Andy Reid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont think there's anything wrong with Reid .... I think it boils down to a lack of talent at too many positions ... Having so much money tied up in a handfull of players , they have had to sacrafice at other spots .... That OL is terrible.

I'd fire GM Howie Roseman before I sent Reid packing.
I think we, of all fans, should know it doesn't take a lot to put together a decent line. In 2010, we had Brown, Smith, Myers, Brisiel, & Winston, considered the best line in the league when it was all said & done.

That said, personally I don't know that we can say the Eagles OL is horrible. Can't think of his name, but they had an undrafted rookie running all over the place the other night. Seemed like whatever back they put back there was getting the job done. That normally says OL to me.

As far as pass protection goes, I don't think Vick was doing them any favors. A problem you've got with a "mobile" QB that ad libs, is you don't necessarily know what angles to take & hold & for how long.

Then you put a rookie back there, most teams will sell out to test him under pressure. If he can't beat them consistently, they keep it coming.

That line may be terrible. Just saying I haven't seen enough to make that conclusion myself.